In a press release published on Tuesday evening, the European Securities and Markets Authority (Esma) openly blamed trading venues for the delay, stating that its own systems were ready to receive data for 30,000 equities and equity-like instruments in the context of the double volume-cap (DVC) mechanism. However, only 75 percent of Europe’s trading venues provided their data, Esma said, most of which were incomplete.
The DVC is part of the revised Markets in Financial Instruments Directive and
Should regulators take a more active role when it comes to AI oversight, or leave it to the professionals? What will M&A look like in 2018?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- AFTAs 2017: Best Front-Office Initiative—State Street Global Exchange
- AFTAs 2017: All the Winners and Why they Won
- AFTAs 2017: Best Third-Party Technology Vendor CIO or CEO—Neil Barua, IPC Systems
- AFTAs 2017: Best Data Management Initiative—Deutsche Bank