As CDO, Barr is responsible for data strategy, for “strengthening [the firm’s] adherence to data governance standards, practices and policies,” and “ensuring BNY Mellon’s data is consistent, accurate and accessible for regulatory and business purposes,” a spokesperson says.
Barr was most recently CDO at HSBC Global Banking and Markets, prior to which he was COO at New York-based portfolio analytics provider Novus Partners, and spent four years as CDO at Bridgewater Associates. Before joining
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground