Northern Trust bought Omnium, Citadel’s hedge fund administration business, from the electronic trading giant in 2011. At the time, it licensed the middle- and back-office technology at the firm—which is now called Northern Trust Hedge Fund Services—from Citadel, but it did not bring the development team or software rights in-house.
Peter Cherecwich, president of Northern Trust Corporate and Institutional Services, says the Omnium technology team has been critical to the success of Northern Tru
Should regulators take a more active role when it comes to AI oversight, or leave it to the professionals? What will M&A look like in 2018?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- AFTAs 2017: Best Front-Office Initiative—State Street Global Exchange
- AFTAs 2017: All the Winners and Why they Won
- AFTAs 2017: Best Third-Party Technology Vendor CIO or CEO—Neil Barua, IPC Systems
- AFTAs 2017: Best Data Management Initiative—Deutsche Bank